C4 Pre Workout from Cellucor got tremendously popular around the same time that USP Labs came out with the original Jack3D. Back then, C4 contained DMAA, just like Jack3D, and that is probably the main reason for the sharp rise in popularity. But then came the ban, and the requirement to either discontinue the product or have it revamped – Cellucor chose the latter, just like everyone else who had a DMAA product on the market.
The revamped version was, needless to say, not as “effective” as the DMAA version, but it was still good, and compared to several other revamped PWO’s, C4 was able to keep it’s reputation as a solid stimulating pre-workout supplement.
Recently, Cellucor announced another 4th generation of all their supplements, including C4. The name hasnt changed, besides from the addition of “4th Generation”. The supplement facts for the 4th generation is different from the former version, but Cellucor has also taken things a step further with the introduction of C4 50X.
Cellucor C4 Pre Workout Supplements with Creatine, Nitric Oxide, Beta Alanine and Energy, 30 Servings, Icy Blue Razz
- Energy: Don't give into fatigue in the middle of a strenuous workout. Feel the momentum from start to finish with the help of C4. Formulated with an Explosive Energy Blend that features Caffeine, Vitamin B12, and the clinically studied, TeaCor(TM), you'll burn through your toughest workouts with extreme energy, and achieve next level results.
- Focus: Poor focus during a workout can mean the difference between mediocre and superior results. Stay in the zone with the help of C4. Our formula contains a critical dose of B vitamins, and includes the amino acid, L-Tyrosine, to keep your mind on your workout as you push yourself to the max
- Pumps: When you're training hard, you want to maximize your body's potential for results. Enter: pumps. Put simply, pumps are the result of blood, oxygen and nutrients rushing to the working muscle tissue. C4's formula contains the essential amino acid, L-arginine, as well as Nitrate (NO3) in the form of Creatine Nitrate, to help optimize pumps, and more importantly, results!
- Award Winning Brand: Cellucor's C4 is a trusted pre-workout for men and women of all training levels. As the winner of prestigious industry awards including, "Pre-Workout of the Year", C4 has proven to be a leader in its category.
- G4 Chrome Series
C4 from Cellucor
Cellucor C4 50X High Energy Pre Workout Supplement, Icy Blue Razz, 30 Count,9.52 ounce
- 5 servings per container, 5.5g per scoop
- 741mg Explosive Energy Blend, 1500mg Beta Alanine, 1000mg Creatine Nitrate and 1000mg Arginine AKG per serving
- 5 calories and 1g carbs per serving
- Manufactured in a GMP compliant facility
C4 50X from Cellucor
I have seen a lot of people on various forums slightly confused as to what exactly the difference between the two is.
The Short version is that the substances used in the two are the same, with the exception of one substance. What is different between the two, is the dosages used for each substance. Basically, Cellucor claims that C4 50X is 50% stronger than C4 4th Generation. The former version of C4 was (without DMAA), in my opinion, a stong pre workout, specially from a stimulating perspective, and probably a bit too strong for the average user out there. It had a good mix of substances and a fairly good dosege on each of them. The combination 50mg bitter orange and 160mg caffeine alone dose give most people a buzz. So hypothetical speaking, I dont think a 50% stronger version of the 3rd generation would have been a proper PWO for the average bodybuilder. But C4 4th Generation is more or less a completely new mix, so that’s not comparable. But the idea with a new version is to make it better; and a better stim PWO, probably means a higher stimulating effect. So I suspect that the new C4 will be more stimulating than the former version, so I am quite excited to read about people’s experience with the new C4 50X, when they start reaching the forums.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to test the new C4 4th Generation (nor the C4 50X for that matter), so this won’t be a complete review, but I think it’s interesting to take a closer look at the substances used. So below you will find the supplement facts for C4 4th Generation and C4 50X. Here goes:
Cellucor C4 – 4th Generation
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 250 mg
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30 mg
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 500 mcg
Folic Acid 250 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 35 mcg
Calcium 20 mg
Beta Alanine 1.6g
Creatine Nitrate 1g
Arginine AKG 1g
Explosive Energy Blend 371mg
Cellucor C4 50X – 4th Generation (not that there ever was a 3rd of this specific supp.)
Total Carbohydrate 1
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 375 mg
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 45 mg
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 750mcg
Folic Acid 375 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 52.5mcg
Beta Alanine 2.4g
Creatine Nitrate 1.5g
Arginine AKG 1g 1.5g
Explosive Energy Blend 557mg
XCELICOR Caffeine Pterostilbene Cocrystaal
As you can tell, there is roughly 50% more of each substance in the C4 50X version. There is more than 50% additional beta alanine in the 50X version, less than 50% more calcium, and the same amount of calories and cabrs in both versions. But over all, its close to 50% stronger on each substance. The same is true for the prop. blend: Explosive Enegy Blend.
Although I haven’t tested C4 4th Generation, I have posted a review based on the ingridients used in this pre workout supplement. You can read that here: C4 pre workout.
C4 Pre Workout – A Solid Choice
As I personally thought the former version was a really good PWO, I have high expectations for the 4th generation and I plan on testing it in a near future. Stay tuned for a complete review once I have had a chance to give it a go.